JCARA, Inc. Club Minutes – August 2016
Meeting Called to Order by President Marilyn, AF5DP
Prayer led by Chaplain Chuck, N9RRI
Pledge of Allegiance led by Marilyn
Special Interest Announcement by Lawrence, K9EYZ; one of our newest Members: With his interests in Ham Radio and Boy Scouts, he would like to bring them together through, “Boy Scout Jamboree On The Air” an Event held every year on October 15th to get Boy Scouts involved in radio. He is looking for volunteers for assistance and instruction.
Program: Richard, AF5AQ on “Ham Radio And Compromise” We compromise on everything. We don’t need the best in radios, towers or antennas in order to have fun, which is what Amateur Radio is all about.
Officers Absent: Past President Charlie, N2PKW
Visitors: Steve Hartman
Sick Call: John, KA4LDU, recovering from neck surgery;
Secretarial Report by Val, N9RQX: Motion to Accept by Richard, AF5AQ; Seconded by Chuck, N9RRI; Motion Carried.
Treasurer Report by Larry, K5LGP: Motion to Accept by Richard, AF5AQ; Seconded by Nick, K5BQJ; Motion Carried.
1. Repeater Committee: Nick, K5BQJ says the N5OS Repeater is still looking for a home.
2. Don, KA5DON says that half the tickets are sold for the raffle of the gold coin.
1. Don, KA5DON says The American Legion has the check to pay for the AC and generator for their e comm trailer.
2. Elections are coming up and there are openings on the B O D.
3. JCARA Club Patches are still available – see Marilyn or Richard.
4. Chris, K5MOZ stated that the current six nightly training Nets will be reduced to one night per week, starting Wednesday, September 7th and every Wednesday thereafter.
5. President Marilyn, AF5DP has our contact information if the Club has to get in contact with us under an emergency situation. Update your information if necessary.
Next Club Meeting will be September 27, 2016 at the St. Martin Community Center.
President Marilyn, AF5DP called for a Motion to Adjuorn; Motion Accepted by Rod, KC5LCW; Seconded by Nick, K5BQJ; Motion Carried; Meeting Adjourned.
Respectfully Submitted by