JCARA, Inc. Club Minutes – February, 2015
Meeting Called to Order by President Charlie, N2PKW
Prayer led by Chaplain Chuck, N9RRI
Pledge of Allegiance led by Charlie, N2PKW
Program: Don, KA5DON gave a presentation on FM using a low power transmitter on the broadcast portion of the band through our hand held radios. FCC Part 95 and Part 15 devices were discussed and dimensions for an easy to assemble dual band antenna were made available through the Club Secretary. The ability to communicate, by any means, in an emergency, was stressed. FM, also known as, “The Friendly Mode” can be very handy in an emergency. Anything we can do to increase our proficiency in emergency communications is encouraged.
Officers Absent: Past President Kurt, K5KDO
Visitors: Brandon Hutchinson
Sick Call: Rod, KC5LCW; Toxey, W5TMM; Doug, KM5DP
Secretary’s Report by Valerie, N9RQX: Motion to Accept by Larry, K5LGP; Seconded by Hank, AE5WU; Motion Carried.
Treasurer’s Report by Charlie, AG5CC; Motion to Accept by Chuck, N9RRI; Seconded by Nick, K5BQJ; Motion Carried.
1. Repeater Committee: Nick, K5BQJ had no updates but he hopes for a break in the weather.
2. E comm Trailer Committee: Larry, K5LGP informed the Club of Committee meetings and discussions of what was needed. He gave the Club a dollar figure of what it would take to equip and furnish one trailer, after taking into consideration of what has already been promised and donated. Larry made a Motion for authorization of the dollar amount; Seconded by Chris, K5MOZ; after discussion, the Motion was Carried unanimously.
3. Club Picnic: Saturday, May 2nd at the Conrad Mallette Sports Complex in Vancleave.
4. Vancleave Pebble Bluff Creek Car Show, Saturday, April 25th the Club will be setting up a transmitter site along side of the Emergency Facilitators of Jackson County. Traffic Messaging is planned.
5. Club Storage: The issue has been resolved, at least for six months.
6. VE Activity: None.
7. Hamfest: Chris, K5MOZ said he has 24 out of the 44 tables spoken for! Dates: Friday and Saturday, November 13th and 14th .
Next Meeting will be March 31st.
1. First Choice Storage of Gautier: Check issued by B O D
2. Liability Insurance: Motion to Issue check made by Chris, K5MOZ; Seconded by Nick, K5BQJ; after discussion, Motion Carried.
3. ARRL Scholarship Fund: Motion to issue check made by Chris, K5MOZ; Seconded by Chuck, N9RRI; Motion Carried.
4. Christmas Party: Two locations were brought forth. Charlie, N2PKW will investigate.
President Charlie, N2PKW called for a Motion to Adjourn Meeting; Motion accepted by Hank, AE5WU; Seconded by Chuck, N9RRI; Motion Carried; Meeting Adjourned.
Respectfully Submitted by