JCARA, Inc. January, 2013 Minutes
Meeting called to Order by President Kurt, K5KDO
Prayer by Chaplain Chuck, N9RRI
Pledge of Allegiance,
Kurt, K5KDO announced a Program after the Meeting: Tower Climbing Safety with proper gear by Egan, KF5CXI
And a Net Controller meeting with Chris, K5MOZ.
Quorum Declared; three Visitors and a new Member, Karl, KF5TIH
Sick Call: Barb, KE5QHZ.
No Minutes from last Meeting to be read.
Announcement of Meeting being Recorded by Secretary.
Treasurer’s Report read by Dan, AE5JG
Motion to Accept Report by Ana, K5EYK; Motion Seconded by Dave, AF5DQ; Motion Carried.
Finance Report by Dan, AE5JG
Motion to Accept by Chuck, N9RRI; Motion Seconded by Bill, K5YG; Motion Carried.
- Repeater Update by Nick, K5BQJ – Received QSL Card from Holmes County, FL.With a 5×9 Signal Report! Anyone with a QSL Card to send?
- Find new Site for the EOC Repeater.
- 145.110 Repeater Cans re-tuned and well within specs.
- With ARES, ARRL recommends reflective Vests for Field Day or Emergency Operations.
- Nick, K5BQJ modeled prospective Club Jacket.Taking Orders.
- Kurt and Nick’s goals for the year:Get the 440 and the 146.970 Repeaters and antennas up and running. Checking out new Tower Sites.
Dan, AE5JG reports no testing this Month. 1 Extra Class, 2 students.
Richard, AF5AQ suggests shorter Business Meetings with a different Program to follow each Month. Some ideas were:
- Actual Traffic Handling
- Radio Quizzes
- Proper Grounding Procedures
- PSK 31
- Slow-Scan TV
- Mobile Show and Tell with Swap
- Jamboree On The Air – October with the Scouts.
Motion to Adjourn proposed by Kurt, K5KDO
Motion to Adjourn by Chris, K5MOZ; Seconded by David, AF5DQ; Motion Carried.
End Of Meeting
Valerie, N9RQX, Secretary