JCARA, Inc. Club Minutes – January 2017
Meeting Called to Order by President Marilyn, AF5DP
Prayer led by Chaplain Chuck, N9RRI
Pledge of Allegiance led by Marilyn, AF5DP
Program: Richard, AF5AQ did a presentation on portable antennas for HF, with a home brew example showing how, with a device called a “Chameleon” he was able to change the electrical length of an antenna for emergency use.
Officers Absent: Past President Charlie, N2PKW
Visitors: Gil Johnson, AG5IK; Ray Reed, KF5ZUN (not recognized)
Secretary Report by Val, N9RQX; Motion to Accept by Chuck, N9RRI; Seconded by Rod, KC5LCW; Motion Carried.
Treasury Report by Lee, K5CUB: Motion to Accept by Richard, AF5AQ (?); Seconded by two people at once; Motion Carried.
1. As per item #1 in October Minutes, under New Business; President Marilyn, AF5DP will amend Club By – Laws, section 4: Dues; to include half price Dues for Members under the age of 16.
2. Repeater Report: Nick, K5BQJ says we’re running out of time for N5OS.
1. Special Event Station for the Vancleave Car Show in April. The exact date will be forth coming.
- May Club Picnic. Rod, KC5LCW and Teresa will select the date.
- Equipping the E Comm Trailer with needed coax cable, connectors, rope, tie down pegs and other accessories.
Next Meeting – February 28, 2017 same time, same place.
President Marilyn, AF5DP called for a Motion to Adjourn; Motion made by Chuck, N9RRI; Seconded by Richard, AF5AQ; Motion Carried; Meeting Adjourned.
Respectfully Submitted by