JCARA, Inc. Club Minutes – July, 2016
Meeting called to Order by President Marilyn, AF5DP
Prayer led by Chaplain Chuck, N9RRI
Pledge of Allegiance, led by Marilyn, AF5DP
Officers Absent: Treasurer Larry, K5LGP
Sick Call: Barb Miller, KE5QHZ – Chemotherapy. Barb sent a card thanking the Club for their well wishes. She said she’s not on the fast road to recovery, but she’s on the road.
Secretarial Report by Val, N9RQX; Motion to Accept by Richard, AF5AQ; Seconded by Josh, KM4BWX; Motion Carried.
Treasurer’s Report read by President Marilyn, AF5DP; Motion to Accept by Chuck, N9RRI; Seconded by Nick, K5BQJ; Motion Carried.
1. Repeater Committee: Nick, K5BQJ has the N5OS License Renewal form, due in October.
2. Don, KA5DON has the gold coin and has the tickets for the raffle.
3. Richard, AF5AQ reiterated our lack of supplies which should be in the Em Comm Trailer. A list of needed items will be emailed to the Members soon. Donations will be welcome.
4. Don, KA5DON announced the dates for the Katrina Special Event. Dates are August 27th through 30th . We will be K5P, for Pascagoula.
1. Scholarship Recipient for this year is Ryann Cook, WE5ROK of Steens, MS. He sent us a card, thanking us for the Scholarship. The Club will send him a $50.00 cash card.
2. Simulated Emergency Test (SET) will be August 6th. Chris, K5MOZ says our County will participate by being dead and quarantined.
3. Rod, KC5LCW said that all positions on the B O D are open.
Program: Charlie, N2PKW compared this years Field Day results with the last two years, showing our strengths and weaknesses. He talked about areas of improvement that we, as a Club, should strive for.
JCARA Club Patches are still available at $5.00 each. See Marilyn, AF5DP or Richard, AF5AQ.
Next Meeting will be Tuesday, August 30th at the St. Martin Community Center.
President Marilyn, AF5DP called for a Motion to adjourn the meeting; Motion accepted by Nick, K5BQJ; Seconded by Chuck, N9RRI; Motion passed; Meeting adjourned.
Respectfully Submitted by