JCARA, Inc. Club Minutes – July 25, 2017
Meeting Called to Order by President Marilyn, AF5DP
Prayer led by Chaplain Chuck, N9RRI
Pledge of Allegiance led by Marilyn, AF5DP
Program: Richard, AF5AQ presented several inexpensive dual band 2 meter 440 cm antenna designs. He passed out directions of a design which he built and tested showing how simple and light weight one could be, describing how it could be blended into the environment.
Officers Absent: Vice President Chris, K5MOZ
Visitors: Dane Reid
Sick Call: Kimberly Lowery (daughter of Glenn, K2FF); Nick, K5BQJ
Secretarial Report by Val, N9RQX; Motion to Accept by Chuck, N9RRI; Seconded by Richard, AF5AQ; Motion Carried.
Treasury Report by Lee, K5CUB; Motion to Accept by Richard, AF5AQ; Seconded by Chuck, N9RRI; Motion Carried.
- Repeater Report: Our 440 Repeater is up and working.
- Field Day: June Field Day was canceled due to the weather. Possible location change in the future.
- Winter Field Day: ARRL sanctioned date is the last full weekend in January. Charlie, N2PKW says there are many Boy Scouts interested in taking part. Solar powered QRP Digital Modes were discussed. With the Scouts, control operators will be needed.
- Solar Eclipse August 21st QSO Party: Charlie, N2PKW will be setting up a digital station at the College and recruiting volunteers to help him observe the eclipse’s effects on propagation. Results will be coordinated with the New Jersey Institute Of Technology and Virginia Tech. He will get in contact with the Secretary to coordinate emails for the Event.
- August Program: Possible results of the Solar Eclipse Event with Charlie, N2PKW.
- Coffee Mess: Steven, KB5YPJ.
- November Board Elections is coming.
- Next Meeting: Tuesday, August 29th at the St. Martin Community Center.
President Marilyn, AF5DP entertained a Motion to Adjourn; Motion to Adjourn made by Richard, AF5AQ; Seconded by Chuck, N9RRI; Motion Carried; Meeting Adjourned.
Respectfully Submitted by