JCARA, Inc. Club Minutes – March, 2015
Meeting called to Order by President Charlie, N2PKW
Prayer by Chaplain Chuck, N9RRI
Pledge of Allegiance led by Charlie, N2PKW
Program: Nick, K5BQJ gave a Presentation on the Gator Pole Antenna System of his own design. He described it’s assembly and operation. Due to it’s compactness, it’s a great antenna for emergencies and field operations. It’s been proven to experiment with. Nick donated it to our E Com trailers.
Visitors: Mike Morrone
Sick Call: Charlie, AG5CC, his back; Carl, WU5D’s Mother
Secretary Report by Valerie, N9RQX; Larry, K5LGP called for an Amendment to include Financial disclosures concerning the E Comm Trailers, to be included in the printed and read Minutes. Charlie, N2PKW sub amended the Amendment to keep the financial disclosures from off the Web Site. Seconded by (we think Hank AE5WU no name or call sign) Hank, AE5WU; Motion Carried. Charlie, N2PKW asked for a Motion to accept the corrected Minutes; Motion Accepted by Larry, K5LGP; Seconded by Chuck, N9RRI; Motion Carried.
Treasurer’s Report by Charlie, N2PKW; Motion to Accept Report by Hank, AE5WU; Seconded by Chuck, N9RRI; Motion Carried. Hank, AE5WU inquired as to the status of the Board’s signatures at Charter Bank. Charlie, N2PKW acknowledged the Board’s obligations.
Proposed 2015 Budget was brought forth by Charlie, N2PKW. Motion to Accept Budget by Chris, K5MOZ; Seconded by Hank, AE5WU; Motion Carried.
1. Repeater Committee: Nick, K5BQJ had no updates.
2. E Comm Trailers: Larry, K5LGP says his team has one trailer almost ready. Ed, AB5RS has donated equipment. It has already been picked up.
3. Club Picnic (as was stated last Month) is May 02.
4. Vancleave Pebble Bluff Creek Car Show, April 25, from 10:00 A. M. to 2:00 P. M. Traffic Messaging is planned for this Event.
5. V E Activity: One new General: Adam, KF5LWR
6. Hamfest: Chris, K5MOZ had no changes since last Month.
Next Meeting will be April 28.
1. Mississippi QSO Party is April 04
2. Rod, KC5LCW brought up a possible Breakfast Meeting on a Saturday, tabled until next Meeting.
3. Don, KA5DON brought up a possible liaison with American Legion Post 1992 of Gautier concerning Legion motorcycle riders in June.
4. Reiteration of the Fox Hunt for during the Club Picnic.
Chris, K5MOZ made a Motion to Adjourn; Seconded by Don, KA5DON; Motion Carried; Meeting Adjourned.
Respectfully Submitted by