JCARA, Inc. Club Minutes – March, 2016
Meeting called to Order by President Marilyn, AF5DP
Prayer led by Chaplain Chuck, N9RRI
Pledge of Allegiance led by Marilyn
President Marilyn, AF5DP apologized for anyone who did not receive a notice of the February Club Meeting cancellation, due to the weather. She is compiling a data base.
Program: Kurt, K5KDO presented, “An Efficient 2 Meter Antenna Disguised as a TV Satellite Dish” for use in neighborhoods where antenna use is discouraged. It might also be called the ultimate in stealth antenna design. A handout was provided.
Officers Absent: Past President Charlie, N2PKW
Visitors: William Bullock, KF4IKE
Sick Call: John Tennison, KA4LDU Continued recovery from surgery
Secretarial Report by Valerie, N9RQX; Motion to Accept by Nick, K5BQJ; Seconded by Rod, KC5LCW; Motion Carried.
Treasury Report by Larry, K5LGP; Motion to Accept by Chuck, N9RRI; Seconded by Richard, AF5AQ; Motion Carried.
1. Repeater Issues: Nick, K5BQJ reiterated the meeting with him and Rod, KC5LCW of Jim, K1VTY, regarding tower sites and their wasp and weather issues. Following their meeting, he and Rod have acquired wasp spray and approved covers to replace the ones missing or damaged, which will keep out wasps and weather. They also replaced the plaque designating the Repeater Site identity as per F C C rules. They informed the tower owner of what was done with a letter, which included pictures.
2. No VE Activity
1. Pebblebeach Bluff Creek Car Show And First Responders Fair is April 30th
with setup between 7 and 8 AM and ending around 1 PM. Message traffic is planned.
2. Club Picnic will be on May 7th at the same location as last year; Mallette Sport Center on Ballpark Road in Vancleave.3. Coffee Mess and Snacks: Steven, KB5YPJ has volunteered for next month.
4. Northeast Louisiana Hamfest will be held on Saturday, April 16th. Information can be found on our Web Site.
5. U. S. Marines are holding a, “Petal Pow Wow” from April 1st through the 15th. Check with ARRL for more information. Their special event call sign will be “W0W” (W zero W).
Next Club Meeting is April 26 at St. Martin Community Center, coffee and get together at 6:30 and our Meeting starts at 7.
June 4th The American Legion Gautier Post will be having it’s “Poker Run” with more information next Month.
2016 JCARA Budget was presented by Treasurer Larry, K5LGP. Motion to Accept the Budget was made by Kurt, K5KDO; Seconded by Chuck, N9RRI; Motion Carried.
All Board Members were able to sign the CD at Charter Bank and at Hancock Bank, all paperwork has been taken care of.
President Marilyn, AF5DP called for a Motion to Adjourn; Richard, AF5AQ made the Motion to Adjourn; Seconded by Melissa, KF5RXB; Motion Carried; Meeting Adjourned.