JCARA, Inc. Club Minutes – March 28, 2017
Meeting Called to Order by President Marilyn, AF5DP
Prayer led by Chaplain Chuck, N9RRI
Pledge of Allegiance led by Marilyn, AF5DP
Program: Inviting discussion on the topic, Richard, AF5AQ introduced the “Hex Beam.” He described the construction design of the beam and it’s advantages over it’s classic counterpart with it’s size, broader band coverage and better gain. It can be a home-brewed project. Hand outs were passed out.
No Officers Absent
New Members or Visitors: Tiffany (Garry, KE5ZDW ‘s YL)
Sick Call:Barb, KE5QHZ Continued; John Tennison, KA4LDU’s mother dying
Secretary Report by Val, N9RQX; Motion to Accept by Larry, K5LGP; Seconded by Chuck, N9RRI; Motion Carried.
Treasury Report by Lee, K5CUB: Motion to Accept by Richard, AF5AQ; Seconded by Larry, K5LGP; Motion Carried.
- Repeater Committee: Nick, K5BQJ says same as always. KC5LCW 440 Repeater needs a new antenna.
- Field Day: June 24 and 25. Charlie, N2PKW and Richard, AF5AQ are heading it up this year. Same location again this year.
- Tentative Spring Hamfest: dates are Friday and Saturday March 23 and 24, 2018.
- Vancleave Car Show: May not be held this year.
- JCARA Club Picnic: Scheduled date is May 27, 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM. with no rain date.
- April Program: Charlie, N2PKW wants to do a program on Solar and Wind Power as it relates to Commercial and Individual operations.
- Coffee Mess: Steven, KB5YPJ will take it for April.
- Boy Scout Radio Merit Badge Event: Will be held this Saturday, April 1st with on-air operations commencing at 10 o’clock.
- Mississippi QSO Party: Saturday, April 1st starting at 9:00 AM. courtesy Don, KA5DON. K5TAL Net starts Wednesday April 5th at 7 PM. on 3862 KHZ.
- Half Day Fishing: raffle tickets on sale from American Legion Amateur Radio Club K5TAL.
- Budget: Treasurer Lee, K5CUB read the proposed budget. Motion to Accept made by Larry, K5LGP; Seconded by Chuck, N9RRI; Motion Carried.
- Christmas Party Donation Box: Went to “Sisters Of The Poor” and they sent us a thank you note. Secretary Val will send out an alert to the Club Members a few weeks prior to the Christmas Party, so more can be collected.
Next Meeting – April 25, 2017 at St. Martin Community Center.
Richard, AF5AQ says there will be a raffle at the Club Picnic again this year.
President Marilyn, AF5DP called for a Motion to Adjourn Meeting; Motion Accepted by Richard, AF5AQ; Seconded by Larry, K5LGP; Motion Carried; Meeting Adjourned.
Respectfully Submitted by