JCARA, Inc. Club Minutes – May 31, 2016
Meeting called to Order by President Marilyn, AF5DP
Prayer led by Chaplain Chuck, N9RRI
Pledge of Allegiance led by Marilyn, AF5DP
Officers Absent: Vice President Chris, K5MOZ
Sick Call: Barb, KE5QHZ – Surgery needed; Bill, K5YG
Secretarial Report by Valerie, N9RQX; Motion to Accept made by Chuck, N9RRI; Seconded by Ray, WB5JHC; Motion Carried.
Treasurer’s Report by Larry, K5LGP: Motion to Accept made by Chuck, N9RRI; Seconded by Rod, KC5LCW; Motion Carried.
1. Repeater Committee: Nick, K5BQJ had nothing to report.
2. V.E. Testing: One new Tech.
3. Field Day: Same location as last year; 4F (foxtrot) Station, 3 HF, 1 digital. A list of operators will be compiled.
4. Poker Run is Saturday, June 4th and Don, KA5DON asked for volunteers. Meeting place is the Gautier American Legion Post 1992 between 8 and 8:30 a.m.
1. V.E. Testing on the third Thursday of the month at the Jackson County Campus of Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College in Gautier. More V.E.’s are needed.
2. Richard, AF5AQ made the Club an offer for Anderson Power Pole connector sets and he had many takers.
Program: Charlie, N2PKW, was able to show how inexpensive software and hardware can be used to make an all band receiver, operating through one’s own computer. He demonstrated it and it worked!
Next Meeting is June 28, 2016 at the St. Martin Community Center.
President Marilyn, AF5DP called for a Motion to Adjourn Meeting; Accepted by Chuck, N9RRI; Seconded by Ray, WB5JHC; Motion Carried; Meeting Adjourned.
Respectfully Submitted by