JCARA, Inc. Club Minutes – May 30, 2017
Meeting Called to Order by President Marilyn, AF5DP
Prayer led by Chaplain Chuck, N9RRI
Pledge of Allegiance led by Marilyn, AF5DP
Program: Lloyd, WB5HUP defined “Echo Link” as a software package that allows two computer systems to communicate with each other using Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP). Utilizing this versatile software which, incidentally is free, to communicate at greater distances than a standard radio, makes it an ideal medium for Hams worldwide. As long as the Internet remains up, or active, one can communicate with a specific station or node, bypassing the hit or miss of antennas and atmospheric conditions.
Officers Absent: Vice President Chris, K5MOZ
Sick Call: Donnie, KF5TCW – heart attack, in recovery
Secretarial Report by Val, N9RQX; Motion to Accept by Chuck, N9RRI; Seconded by Richard, AF5AQ; Motion Carried.
Treasury Report by Lee, K5CUB; Motion to Accept by Nick, K5BQJ; Seconded by Charlie, N2PKW; Motion Carried.
- Repeater Report: 440 Repeater antenna installed.
- Field Day: Site registered and operators ready.
- JCARA Club Picnic: Another fun year! Possible ribs next time. (It’s now recorded, Charlie!)
- June Program: Typical Field Day Review with Charlie, N2PKW
- Coffee Mess: Marilyn, AF5DP.
- Next Meeting: June 27, 2017 at the St. Martin Community Center.
- Elections of Officers: Three Board positions will be open this year. President, Vice President and Secretary.
President Marilyn, AF5DP called for a Motion to Adjourn Meeting; Motion Accepted by Nick, K5BQJ; Seconded by Ray, WB5JHC; Motion Carried; Meeting Adjourned.
Respectfully Submitted by