JCARA, Inc. Club Minutes – November, 2014
Meeting called to Order by President Charlie, N2PKW
Prayer by Chaplain Chuck, N9RRI
Pledge of Allegiance led by Charlie, N2PKW
No Club Program
Officers Absent: Treasurer Charlie, AG5CC; Past President Kurt, K5KDO
Visitors: Shirley Chatel
Sick Call: Family of Richard, KC5RID, silent key; Toxey, W5TMM, many health concerns; Charlie, AG5CC’s family, illness.
Secretarial Report by Valerie, N9RQX; Motion Accepted by Chuck, N9RRI; Seconded by Nick, K5BQJ; Motion Carried.
Treasury Report given by Charlie, N2PKW; Motion Accepted by Chris, K5MOZ; Seconded by Larry, K5LGP; Motion Carried. A special thanks to Chairman Chris, K5MOZ and to all the crew for a successful Hamfest!
1. Charlie, N2PKW called for a Motion to cover the shortfall of our storage facility expense for the first quarter of next year. Chris, K5MOZ made a Motion to use part of the Hamfest profit to cover the shortfall. Motion Seconded by Hank, AE5WU; Motion Carried.
2. Repeater Committee: Nick, K5BQJ had no new updates at this time.
3. Repeater Nets: Charlie, N2PKW inquired if anyone needed a break from their Net due to the Holiday. He said he would be around to fill in.
4. V.E. Activity: A big Thank You to the MCARA VE Team for covering for us during our Hamfest. Our Vice President Marilyn, AF5DP sent them a nice Thank You card. A request was made for the Secretary to receive a copy for her records.
5. Bob, KF5LHX will donate the cost of a copy/printer for VE purposes. The Club thanks him!
6. Hamfest: Chris, K5MOZ thanked everyone for a job well done. He also stated our Club’s ARES books were out of date and he has scrapped them; requesting everyone to resubmit their ARES form.
1. Nominating Chairman Rod, KC5LCW stated there were no nominees for any Office. Charlie, N2PKW opened the Floor for Nominations; there were none; the present Board stands for 2015: President Charlie, N2PKW; Vice President Marilyn, AF5DP; Treasurer Charlie, AG5CC; Secretary Valerie, N9RQX; Past President Kurt, K5KDO. Our Unelected Officials are Repeater Trustee Nick K5BQJ; Chaplain Chuck, N9RRI.
2. Christmas Party: Charlie, N2PKW reiterated the location and time. Aztecas Restaurant and Cantina on Hwy 90 in Gautier, on December 09th at 6:00 PM. He requested Valerie, N9RQX to send emails asking for a head count. Ham Of The Year Award will be presented there as well as the 2015 Officers will be introduced. Charlie’s “Wing-man Awards” will also be presented.
Next Club Meeting will be Tuesday, January 27th, 2015 at our usual place: St Martin Community Center, 15008 Lemoyne Blvd.
Don, KA5DON requested that we start a class entitled, “Now That I’ve Got My License” to start ½ hour before the regular Club Meeting time, on being an Elmer to those new to radio. Don is looking forward to starting this before the January Meeting. He will get a curriculum to Valerie, N9RQX so she can send out emails and have it posted on to our Web Site as well as make announcements on the nightly Net.
January’s Program will be presented by Nick, K5BQJ on his “Gator Pole” antenna system. He mentioned a possible project entitled “Ham WiFi” that he and a few others are toying with.
President Charlie, N2PKW entertained a Motion to Adjourn; Motion Accepted by Rod, KC5LCW; Seconded by Chuck, N9RRI; Motion Carried; Meeting Adjourned.
Respectfully Submitted by