JCARA, Inc. Club Minutes – November 2015
Meeting Called to Order by President Charlie, N2PKW
Prayer by led Chaplain Chuck, N9RRI
Pledge of Allegiance led by Charlie, N2PKW
Program under Old Business: Election of Officers
Charlie, N2PKW explained what happened to him during last Saturday’s Net Control session. Bottom line: Check your radio for proper mode and frequency before transmitting.
Officers Absent: Past President Kurt, K5KDO
Sick Call: Dan, AE5JG – broken foot; Josh Burns – extensive rehab
Secretary Report given by Val N9RQX; Motion to Accept by Don, KA5DON; Seconded by Chuck, N9RRI; Motion Carried.
Treasurer’s Report given by Charlie, AG5CC
Motion to Accept by Larry, K5LGP; Seconded by Richard, AF5AQ; Motion Carried.
Hamfest Financial Report given by Charlie, AG5CC
President Charlie, N2PKW thanked the Hamfest Chairman, Chris, K5MOZ and the team, for a job well done. This team, which has been together several years, has consistently lowered expenses and increased profits year by year. Our Club should be proud!
1. Repeater Committee: No Report. The 440 Machine is working just fine.
2. Field Day Results: Finds our 3F Station rated 21 out of 61 nationwide.
3. E Comm Trailers: Upcoming renewal of tags.
4. V.E.Activity: Two new Techs. Testing will be at the M.G.C.C.C. Tuesday, December 1st.
5. Christmas Party December 8th at 6:00 p.m. at the Country Gentleman Restaurant, 4341 Gautier Vancleave Road, Gautier, MS 39553.
6. Nominations of Board Of Directors, 2016:
For President: Marilyn Warner, AF5DP (unopposed)
For Vice President: Chris Swift, K5MOZ or Charlie Hardt, N2PKW
For Treasurer: Larry Peoples, K5LGP or Chuck Ulmer, N9RRI
For Secretary: Valerie Ulmer, N9RQX (unopposed)
Don, KA5DON made a Motion Nominations be closed; Seconded by Chris, K5MOZ; Motion Carried.
Voting took place for Vice President and Treasurer. The results:
The new Board Of Directors for 2016
1. President: Marilyn Warner, AF5DP
2. Vice President: Chris Swift, K5MOZ
3. Treasurer: Larry Peoples, K5LGP
4. Secretary: Valerie Ulmer, N9RQX
5. Past President: Charlie Hardt, N2PKW
President Charlie, N2PKW gave his farewell speech, thanking his fellow Board Members and the Club Members in general, for helping to make the JCARA a great Club!
Charlie, N2PKW inquired about who would take over the coffee mess and snacks. Chris, K5MOZ had a suggestion: Members would volunteer taking it for one Meeting with him doing January. The volunteer for the next Month would collect the coffee things for their Month after the Meeting. The Warner’s had done it for four years.
1. Don, KA5DON informed us that there is a Winter Field Day, and K5TAL will be participating. The date is Saturday, January 2nd and they will operate from 11:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m.Sunday.
2. Rising Post Box Rates from $34.00 to $38.00 a year. Motion to raise the budget to $38.00 was made by Chris, K5MOZ; Seconded by Chuck, N9RRI; Motion Carried.
Motion to Adjourn made by Don, KA5DON; Seconded by Larry, K5LGP; Motion Carried; Meeting Adjourned.
Respectfully Submitted by,
JCARA, Inc. Club Secretary