JCARA, Inc. Club Minutes – October 2015
Meeting Called to Order by President Charlie, N2PKW
Prayer led by Chaplain Chuck, N9RRI
Pledge of Allegiance led by Charlie, N2PKW
No regular Program. Charlie, N2PKW opened the floor for taking Nominations. With humor, he showed the visitors and new Club Members how our Club, down through the years, has been a social type of Club, family orientated but when the chips were down, how everyone pulled together. Charlie, N2PKW asked the Nominating Committee Chairman, Rod, KC5LCW for nominations. He said none. Other than he and the Vice President, Charlie asked the remainder of the Board who wanted to stay. Valerie, N9RQX said she would stay as Secretary. Chuck, N9RRI nominated Marilyn, AF5DP as President. Chris, K5MOZ nominated Don, KA5DON for Vice President, Richard, AF5AQ nominated Larry, K5LGP for Treasurer. Chuck, N9RRI nominated Charlie, N2PKW for Vice President. Don, KA5DON withdrew his name for nomination as Vice President. Rod KC5LCW nominated Chris, K5MOZ for Vice President. Valerie, N9RQX nominated Chuck, N9RRI for Treasurer. President Charlie, N2PKW will summarize the list of nominations under, “New Business.”
Visitors: Joshua Dopson, KM4BWX; Naomi Broussard; Brad Williams, KF5ZLF; David Ricci, N4WDS; Bob Vigne, KB8VND; Jerry Nobles, N5MES.
Sick Call: Dan, AE5JG – Broken Foot; Carl, KF5TIH’s son, Josh, shot during home invasion.
Secretary’s Report given by Valerie, N9RQX: Motion to Accept by Nick, K5BQJ; Seconded by Chuck, N9RRI; Motion Carried.
Treasurer’s Report given by Charlie, AG5CC; Motion to Accept by Rod, KC5LCW; Seconded by Carl, WU5D; Motion Carried.
- Repeater Committee: Nick, K5BQJ thanked everyone who took part in working on the trailers. #1 still has some work needed to finish it. He and Josh, KM4BWX worked on #2 and they were able to raise the mast most of the way. Nick, K5BQJ said, “At Last!” The KC5LCW 440 Repeater out at Ingalls Shipbuilding should be operational at the end of this week! A big, “Thank You!” to Chris Bolton of “Comm Center”, Covington, LA, for his quick and friendly servicing of the Repeater. Chris, K5MOZ made a Motion that the Club send two free passes and a flier of the Hamfest along with a thank you letter to Mr. Bolton; Seconded by Don, KA5DON; Motion Carried unanimously. Charlie, N2PKW asked for a round of applause for Nick, K5BQJ; Rod, KC5LCW; Kurt, K5KDO and Donnie, KF5TCW for their tireless efforts to get the 440 on the air and he got it!
- Report on Trailers: Charlie, N2PKW summed up the Motion made by Don, KA5DON to transfer trailer #2 to the American Legion Post 1992, station K5TAL, contingent upon their reimbursing the JCARA for the Air Conditioner and Generator. Motion was Seconded by Rod, KC5LCW. After some discussion, the Motion was Carried. Greater coverage would be achieved with the two Jackson County Clubs each having a trailer, during an actual emergency.
- No VE Activity
- Hamfest: Chris, K5MOZ said he has 5 stand-by tables. He asked that Charlie, AG5CC have the “seed money” boxes ready. He wants the volunteers to be there at 9:00 A. M. to get the tables set up for the vendors at noon. Marilyn, AF5DP brought up a good point: All vendors get a “Thank You” card for their participation with Chris, K5MOZ adding that an R.S.V.P. post card be included. Charlie, N2PKW said the Club can afford to supply the postage.
- Katrina Event: QSL Cards are coming in and Don, KA5DON showed some off. He said the group as a whole is in favor of next year, maybe just for three days instead of a week.
- K5TAL: On Wednesday, November 11th Veterans Day, The American Legion Post 1992 will be on the air. All hams are welcome to stop by and join in the fun, getting on the air around 9AM and running until evening.
- Christmas Party: December 8th at the Country Gentleman Restaurant in Gautier. Charlie, N2PKW said he would be sending the Club Secretary an email with all the pertinent information so that she can begin to send out emails, to get a head count for the Restaurant.
Next Meeting will be November 24th, 2015 at the Community Center.
1. Nominations for 2016 Club Officers:
A. President: Marilyn, AF5DP
B. Vice President: Charlie, N2PKW; Chris, K5MOZ
C. Treasurer: Larry, K5LGP; Chuck, N9RRI
D. Secretary: Valerie, N9RQX (remains on the Board)
Charlie, N2PKW entertained a Motion to Adjourn; Nick, K5BQJ made the Motion to Adjourn; Seconded by Don, KA5DON; Motion Passed; Meeting Adjourned.
Respectfully Submitted by,
JCARA, Inc. Club Secretary