JCARA, Inc. Club Minutes – September 26, 2017
Meeting Called to Order by President Marilyn, AF5DP
Prayer led by Chaplain Chuck, N9RRI
Pledge of Allegiance led by President Marilyn, AF5DP
Program: There was no program.
Officers Absent: Past President Charlie, N2PKW; Vice President Chris, K5MOZ
Visitors: Jimmy, K5OP and Rebecca Simmons (“soon to be”)
Sick Call: Charlie, N2PKW; John, KA4LDU; hurricane and earthquake victims.
Secretarial Report read by Val, N9RQX: Motion to Accept by Richard, AF5AQ; Seconded by Chuck, N9RRI; Motion Carried.
Treasury Report by Lee, K5CUB: Motion to Accept by Richard, AF5AQ; Seconded by Nick, K5BQJ; Motion Carried.
1. Repeater Report: Nick, K5BQJ says our Repeaters are working fine; still looking for a home for N5OS.
2. Hamfest and Christmas Prizes: Richard, AF5AQ listed the prizes.
3. There are concerns about the many positions that need to be filled in our Club.
4. Christmas Party Donation Collection: Secretary Val, N9RQX said she will send out emails in early November, reminding our Members to bring donations to the Christmas Party. Also, those not attending, can bring donations to the November Club Meeting.
5. MFJ’s “Picnic in the Park” is this weekend.
6. November Elections for the Club B O D.
7. List of Emergency Nets not started.
1. Van, WB5LAI has some equipment for sale.
2. Laurence, K9EYZ announced the Boy Scouts Jamboree On The Air will be October 20th through the 22nd, with the main event on the 21st.
3. The FCC is opening up two new bands to Hams: 630 and 2200 MHZ. In order to use these bands, you must register. More information can be found on the current ARRL Newsletter.
4. Christmas Party: December 5th starting at 6:00 PM, at The Country Gentleman Restaurant in Gautier.
5. Christmas Party Donation Box – already explained above. 6. Hamfest Dates: November 10th and 11th.
7. K5TAL (The American Legion in Gautier) has a “Trailer Event” November 11th.
8. Nominations for the Board are still open.
9. October Program: Lloyd, WB5HUP.
10. Coffee Mess: Chuck, N9RRI & Val, N9RQX
Next Club Meeting will be Tuesday, October 31 at the St. Martin Community Center.
President Marilyn, AF5DP called for a Motion to Adjourn Meeting; Motion made by Chuck, N9RRI; Seconded by Nick, K5BQJ; Motion Carried; Meeting Adjourned.
Respectfully Submitted by