JCARA, Inc. Club Minutes, April 24, 2018
Meeting Called to Order by President Lloyd, WB5HUP
Prayer led by Chaplain Chuck, N9RRI
Pledge of Allegiance, led by Lloyd, WB5HUP
1. Bill Musa, K5YG gave a humorous but educational lesson on what not to do in grounding techniques. He explained proper perimeter grounding, which would evenly dissipate a charge. He also said that if you take a direct hit, “all bets are off.” A ground buss bar or a star ground configuration is most effective.
2. Glenn Lowery, K2FF demonstrated toroidal chokes of various sizes and iron composites as an effective method of eliminating unwanted interference on different bands.
No Officers Absent
Sick Call: Nick, K5BQJ – recovering from surgery; Kayla Tennyson – recovering from accident
Secretary Report by Val, N9RQX; Motion to Accept Report by Chuck, N9RRI; Seconded by Larry, K5LGP; Motion Carried
Treasury Report by Lee, K5CUB; Motion to Accept Report by Rod, KC5LCW; Seconded by Chuck, N9RRI; Motion Carried
1. Repeater Report: Nick, K5BQJ absent. Rod, KC5LCW said the strong winds we had recently didn’t affect the Repeater. Lee, K5CUB said the UHF Repeater at Ingalls Shipbuilding is good to go for at least another year.
2. No VE Activity
3. Next Meeting will be at 7:00 PM, May 29, 2018 here at the St. Martin Community Center.
1. Vancleave Car Show: Saturday, April 28. Members are needed to help set up the trailer around 8:00 AM. Officially, the starting time is 10:00 and runs until 2:00 PM.
2. Alternate Meeting places for the June Voting Runoffs was discussed.
3. Annual Club Picnic: Not Booked. Rod, KC5LCW and Teresa can’t coordinate it this year. It was discussed combining it with Field Day.
4. Field Day: Dates are June 23rd and 24th but the location is yet to be decided.
President Lloyd, WB5HUP Called for a Motion to Adjourn Meeting; Motion Accepted by Larry, K5LGP; Seconded by Chuck, N9RRI; Motion Carried, Meeting Adjourned.
Respectfully Submitted by
JCARA, Inc. Club Secretary