JCARA Inc. Club Minutes
Meeting called to order by Lloyd WB5HUP
Prayer led by Jimmy K5OP
Pledge of Allegiance led by Lloyd WB5HUP
All Officers Present
Visitors: Robert KM4EWZ, John KJ4NJT, Denise
July minutes read by Bob KB8VND. Motion to accept by Mike KG5KSA . 2nd by Charlie N2PKW . Motion carried.
July treasury report read by Mike KG5VXY . Motion to accept by Chris K5MOZ . 2nd by Marilyn KB5MW. Motion carried.
- Repeater Committee: Work continues on the removal and relocation of the Pascagoula repeater. JCARA has a new antenna stored at Nick K5BQJ’s location.
- VE Testing: Anyone that would like to become a VE should contact Charlie N2PKW.
- Hamfest: If you or you know someone who wants a table contact Chris K5MOZ. Marilyn KB5MW volunteered to do the cooking. Richard AC5RW will create a flyer. Volunteers are needed for setup and to work the door.
- Field day in the Park will be held on October 19 from 9AM to 2PM at the American Legion Hall. JCARA will be writing a $400 check to be given to K5TAL to help support the event. Bob KB8VND will forward an Email to JCARA members and friends with details about the time and location of the event.
- We need to start working on our Scholarship Fund.
- Chris K5MOZ and Mike KG5KSA will start testing the W5WA repeaters audio settings on September 2nd.
- Officer nominations will be held in October.
Motion to close by Marilyn KB5MW. 2nd by Jimmy K5OP. Motion Carried.
Respectfully Submitted by,
Bob Vigne KB8VND
JCARA Inc. Club Secretary